Wednesday, July 20, 2011

ipad videoconference show

In my distance learning network there is an opportunity for teachers to receive training on a variety of technology topics free of charge after school.  I usually get stuck teaching most of them because no one else volunteers.  A learning network on the other side of the state joined us and usually I end up teaching people over in the Western part of the state more than in my own network.  That being said, I thought it would be cool to come up with my own virtual learning "show".  My favorite thing has been to review a variety of ipad and ipod programs as well as preview web technologies.

What ideas do you have for this "show" idea that I have?  I think it could be fun and since I already do this training once a month, it is not like I have to go out of my way to find an outlet!  I just never tackled it as a "show" concept before.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a good idea; perhaps you could bring in different people to be on the show with you, and transition some people into teachers for the network as well. You could interview teachers who had done good projects, for example, and they might be more willing to share in that format.

    A "best of" show on apps or web sites (similar to ALA's 'top 25 web sites' would be really helpful. I think a lot of people are getting iPADs but are not at all sure what apps to get for them.

    Sound interesting. You might also get more participation from your own districts if you had a 'studio audience'.

    I think it is worth working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Amy, a "Best Apps" show would be a great idea. You could also have a show that shows others how to use iMovie. I also like Amy's idea to invite teachers on with you to share how they are using the technology in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete