Saturday, July 16, 2011

Nonprofit formation

I own a company called BumblePuppy Sales that has been quite successful since I started it.  I'm now looking for retail and auction spaces.  I thought it would be a good idea to be involved with a nonprofit organization.  However, I don't know much about this. My reasoning is that many people want to donate things to me.  This is nice, but I am a for profit organization.

I was thinking of either starting or joining a nonprofit organization relating to libraries (both school and public) where I would accept items for donation and also donate money to good causes either through foundation grants or direct gifting or something.  The idea is sort of just forming, but I would love to hear ideas about this.  Do you know any nonprofits that would be good to join or should I create my own and promote public and school libraries in northeastern Wisconsin?  This is kind of exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment